Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh yea, the blog!! It has been a few days. This week has flown by. We have been reviewing a lot this week. Lot's of independent reading going on. Some students are getting near the 50 point mark in AR. I don't think I have ever had a class that enjoys AR this group. One reason is they are competing with each other. Gracie is leading the pack. She has over 50 AR points. Will and Montavius are hot on her heels and several others are closing in. I could possible loose my desk for 20 days. (the reward for 50 points is to sit at the teacher desk all day one day). I wonder how far this will put me behind.

Today we planted seeds. This went surprisingly very smooth. No lost microscopic seed to find. None of them went up noses or in ears! Amazing! Bees will come to pollinate these flowers soon. I assured the students that none of them will be stung. I have not had a student stung yet. Our flowers will not be able to make seeds without the honeybee pollinating the flowers. We have been learning the importance of the honeybee as a natural resource. Ask your child what are the three classifications of all natural resources. See if they can name a few resources in each classification.

We are busy memorizing our multiplication facts. We have spent two weeks learning about multiplication. What is multiplication? Now we need to become fluent with our facts. We need to know them like the back of our hand. All students have passed the 2's. We are now memorizing our 4 facts. Only 5 students passed mad minute tests with 5's. Next week we will be learning our 8s. Don't get behind. You will be left behind and it will be up to you to catch up.


Students are in art. They will be bringing home school picture proofs today. They all look so cute. I have the best looking class in the school. (Always) I don't know how that keeps happening. Have a great weekend.
M. Powell

No comments: