Friday, October 2, 2009

Homecoming Friday




My two nieces Alison and Mary Hannah. Alison is in the bottom on the middle in the top picture, and Mary Hannah is in the bottom picture. They are the only reason I ever get to do girl things!! What a beautiful homecoming parade, and what great weather.
We had fun at the Space and Rocket Center. I have never had a guide before and I enjoyed it 10 times more. What history. Just to think that a child that is now eight or nine years old will be chosen as an astronaut for the Mars Mission just blows my mind. But, who would want to? I mean how long will that journey last anyway?
Our tour guide Lynda said our group asked some of the best questions and was the most well behaved of any group she has ever worked with. Way to go boys and girls! She was a retired science teacher from Bob Jones High School. Who would have ever guessed. I thought she was awesome. I will post a picture (if some parents will be nice enough to send me some) I bet they will!
Have a great weekend. I wonder if we will beat Russellville? Hope so, especially since they messed up our pretty field and everything.
M. Powell

No comments: