Thursday, September 10, 2009




Hi everybody,


Last year I played around with blogging in my classroom. I am going to do my best to get this going this year and you can follow along with your child's school day. I probably will not get this done each day, but, I will try my best. I know I will not always have pictures.

Today we went out in the fog and took our SPIRIT pictures to post on the MSCS email to try to win our place on the web. We collected $22.00 for hat day, but still did not get the popcorn!!
How much does it take?

I am excited to finally have reading groups every day and math groups are getting started. We will only have time for small group math on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Of course students receive individual attention during whole group time each day. Today in reading groups I asked the following question, "How did Murete know Saruni wanted a bike if he did not tell him?" Don't you just love those names?? Anyway, students said that his mom told him. The following were some statements that were made:

Mom's are never good at keeping secrets.

My mom is! She always keeps secrets.

......... Let's just say we ended the discussion there. Third graders are so innocent and fun!!!!

Well, the gang will be back from PE any minute. We are going to begin a pretest for Math

Chapter 1. If students can complete this, they will do very well on the real thing tomorrow. Same kinds of questions, just different numbers. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Until Next Time,
Mrs. Powell


No comments: